Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gallery Viewing # 2





After viewing the pieces of art in the gallery, this first piece of art caught my attention is from Kate. I really enjoyed these two reflection digital photography along with the 3 shape looking standing piece that is "Who speaks for Planet Earth?! The 3 shape looking shape is made out of stoneware clay, underglazed it and oxide wash. I chose this piece of art because I like the textures of the photography of the water. It looks so flowing and how it it has the many shininess and the color of the water to it. Kate took the photograph of the water of the different flowing to each two of the photographs. I could not basically get all the information when Kate was talking about this piece that I chose but I did hear her say that she likes the atmosphere of the nature. I think the way she use the clay piece as to express on how the earth is when the water is flowing and how the colors of the green brought to it. It just caught my eyes the most. I love the photographs the most.



The next second piece that also drawn my attention is the Impressions of Metropolis by Billy. I really enjoy this six piece of art painting. I am going to explain what I think of each of those six photos look like to me starting from the top left to the bottom right. The first painting looks like a clock that has a person hanging on the clock stick. The second one looks like some buildings with a bridge a long with it. The last picture on the top has a man who seems to take over something. He seems pretty creepy. Now to the middle part. The first from the left, has a picture of a man like praying to God or something because of the candles behind him. The second painting looks like some type of factory that seems to have smoke coming out of them. The last painting is two people kissing each other or else making love. Now to the last paintings. The bottom left picture looks like has a person looking out of a window of his/her apartment seems to be calling out for someone. The middle painting really creeps me out but it looks like two people are going to do something to each other like a fight or something. Last but not least, the painting like has Jesus worshiping his people who are looking at him.

After looking at those six paintings, I thought it was really interesting. Billy seem to use some paint brushes to make all these lines, movements, balance and colors to each of the painting. I am not sure what Billy want to express in them but I think that he wants to like show a story book out of them. I think that some of the paintings are like old century and possibly take place in Paris or elsewhere. I really like the way Billy put all this paintings together. All the other paintings were really great but I really like those two pictures I mention. Great gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment