Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Changing Meaning of Advertisements Project

Advertisement # 1- Jillian Michaels



*Change



A. Setting of the Ad was time of May 2010
B. The subject of this Ad is Jillian Michaels selling a supplement that Jump Start your weight loss program of 14 day cleanse and burn.
C. Key Words pretty much "I want you to lose weight".
D. The Story behind this Ad is that Jillian Michaels wants to sell her supplement that is a 14 day cleanse and burn. Her supplement contains a 7 day triple process total body detox and cleanse, that formulated to reduce belly bloat, support colon and digestive system, aid in the liver's natural detoxification process and help feel lighter and more energized.
E. This Ad was produced in 2010 but it can be produced in 2009 since Jillian started selling her supplements. I found it in the USA weekly found in Sunday's paper.
F. Lots of people do read USA weekly every Sunday such as men and women. Jillian's Ad wants people to encourage them to lose weight. Once the men and women look through a magazine bored instead of standing around or staying active, this Ad will catch their eyes because Jillian want others to be healthy and live longer.
G. The audience member would most likely to be women at any age and maybe for men possibly age 30 years or older. I think the Ad will get attention to women mostly.
H. I think this Ad is trying to attract people to possibly make an decision on if they should try Jillian's supplement. Jillian is one of the American's best personal trainer in the world and selling this supplement would help people to lose weight. Jillian's supplement target people to lose weight and get rid of the belly fat.
I. There are no "markers" of race, ethically, gender, age, religion, class and sexuality.
J. The relationship between the texts and the image is the picture of Jillian who has this nice body and she wants us to lose weight if someone who is overweight. The text "I want you to lose weight" shows that Jillian really does care about us and want us to have a healthy lifestyle.
K. This is Ad is promoting to both product and healthy lifestyle. The Ad is promoting to Jillian's supplement but it is also promoting the supplement that it may not be good for people or it may not work for them.
* Within this Ad that Jillian wants people out there who are overweight and wants them to take her supplements because they can work well for them. When people see this Ad who may be overweight, probably would not care about Jillian's supplement because they don't care about skinny stuff or healthy foods. It is part of their decision but if they get real sick or get close to dying than they will take the risk on getting healthier and possibly try Jillian's supplement. It will get them somehow. I decided to change the text to "I want you fat" is what the obesity people see this Ad. This Ad draw my attention because I know that Jillian is one of my role model since I want to be a personal trainer some day just like Jillian and that with this Ad sometimes I know that it will catch someones eyes who have obesity and will go for a try on Jillian's supplements or it won't catch someone's eyes who have obesity and won't try for the supplement, pretty much don't give a crap.


Advertisement #2- Secret deodorant



* Change




A. The setting of this Ad was the time possibly in 2010.
B. The subject of this Ad is the Secret deodorant
C. The keyword in this Ad is "Fear"
D. The story behind this Ad is that the Secret brand to sell the brand new kind of deodorant that has the sheer mineral of a 24 hour that lets your skin breathe. It's a deodorant that you should not be afraid to expose a little skin.
E. The Ad could be produce in 2010 and I found it in People's Magazine.
F. Well this Ad is for women because the deodorant is for them. This Ad was put into People's magazine where a lot of women do personally read about celebrities and everything. Whatever kinds of Advertisements or anything else is put in People's magazine, there will a lot of women will want to buy the product especially like this Secret deodorant. A lot of women sure do want their skin to have a breathe instead of sweat.
G. The audience member could be any young girls or women at any age but mostly maybe young adult or 40 years of age or less will probably buy this kind of deodorant.
H. I think this Ad is trying to make these women that your body is still beautiful when to buy this product. They are trying to draw the audience that this deodorant will let your skin breathe for 24 hours.
I. There is probably about couple of "markers" in this Ad. The gender would be the women. This Ad shows some sexuality as the model in the Ad is showing off her back side skinless. This Ad shows a white model but the product can be sold to any color races. The ages like I said before can be for young adult and for women 40 years of age or less.
J. The relationship between the text and the image is the model in the Ad who is like really beautiful. The brand only looked at this beautiful model who has this great skin shows a lot of attention that a deodorant can look like her. I think the brand wants us to show us that buying this type of deodorant to make the women beautiful in those 24 hours.
K. The Ad is promoting the beautiful lifestyle as a women. The Ad wants to sell their 24 hour sheer mineral kind because they probably want the money. The product may not let your skin breathe for 24 hours. I mean it may work on women or may not.
* Within this Ad, Secret wants to sell their product possibly for money but they would sell this product for women to make them feel beautiful. For the changing I did, I decided to change the texts in the Ad to make it more understanding instead of using the word Fear. In the first text that I change, I wrote Exposure is one of lifes greatest gifts. I decided to let women know that it is okay to be beautiful or not and that this deodorant makes sure you don't sweat and stink. Deodorant is suppose to make sure you don't stink from your under armpit. Another text I wrote is You can expose all of lifes greatest mysteries. I came up with that because so that you can expose anything and it comes out as a mystery. Your beautiful body is a mystery no matter what and it is still beautiful no matter what. I feel like that changing the text makes it better for all sizes of women. I feel like the previous Ad was a little bit more focus on a woman who has the perfect body and the people who are overweight will probably buy the deodorant because of that model in the Ad. I personally don't think I would buy the product because I do not use the Secret Brand but will probably try it if the product tells us that the deodorant makes your skin breathe so I am guessing less sweat so I will give it a try. I will not buy a product that will make us beautiful because I already know that I am beautiful and so is everyone elses. But if there are women that wants to try and look beautiful, they can go right ahead. I thought this Ad was interesting to talk about and what the audience see.

No comments:

Post a Comment