Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gallery Viewing # 3

While attending to the third and last gallery, I thought it was okay. I think it would be my second favorite gallery visit since my first favorite one was the second visit we went. The three artist had their own wall to display their artwork. Their speaking to the group were less short than I thought. This gallery wasn't very interesting to me because it was more less boring but there were a few that I like especially the favorite two that I picked by Vedrana and Michelle.

The first piece of art that I pick is from Vedrana Misanovic. The first and the last picture of the leopard and the wolf is an Untitled gallery is a digital media art. The wolf picture, has the drawing of the wolf with a pink background and it has green eyes. I thought it was really neat because of the color, the pink background and the drawing lines to it. The green eyes is the only thing that has caught my attention. The last picture of a leopard that is also an digital media art is also like the wolf art but in a different colors. The color background is lime green and the eyes are pink. Both of the animals caught my attention because one I like animals and two I like the way Vedrana put it all together. The light colors is what I also like about. The middle picture between the two animals is the Otis College of Art and Design which it is also a digital media. This piece of art caught my attention is the colors. I absolutely love the light colors. I like how the light colors made it look like the sun is going down from the beach. It is just really beautiful and I like how the art also have a picture of palm trees. I love going to the beach where I do wish I was there right now. These three piece of art are just beautiful! Vedrana likes her work to be simple and features a drawn element. She enjoys by incorporating drawn elements and likes to feature them as rich colors. She wanted to draw the color to the viewer's eye to the piece that engages them to a closer work. This art is more capture nature through representational subjects and non-objective color.

The second piece of art that I like in this last gallery is the an Untitled and it is made of a photographic print on fiber paper made by Michelle Anderson. This photograph has picture of a group of people's feet. I like the way the picture turn out because it looks like the families feet that can capture a moment. Michelle capture this art as a beauty of a human. Michelle wanted to focus on without a face in the photograph, want to capture the other parts of the body that also have the beauty. That way the other body parts can have an attention in a photograph instead of using the face. I think the reason Michelle wanted to leave this art Untitled because she probably wants the audience to decide on the title because I think it would have a lot of title. Michelle likes to question where else she can take the piece and how much she can work with it while creating her pieces. She wants her photograph more focused on finding a portion of the figure to able to study closer. The close distance of her photograph figure allows the viewer's mind to see a specific part of the body rather than looking at an entire person. I thought this photograph art was really nice because it is something that someone can do and I would probably like to do that someday with my family one day.

1 comment:

  1. never thought about the feet photo being that of a family. great insight.
    -evelyn davis, professor

    ReplyDelete