Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gallery Viewing #2

Attending to this second gallery visit, I thought it was a lot better than the first one. This gallery was more of a calmer way rather than more scary or confusing way at the first gallery. The first gallery that I pick to be my actual favorite is the "New York Series" by Elizabeth Cramer. This painting is a acrylic on canvas. These three paintings has a picture of New York bridge and looks like it was taken at night time as in black and white. These three paintings are painted as the same bridge but showing as a different way of look like looking left, straight and right of you in that point of view of this painting. This painting have like like buildings surround them and have lights on on on most of them. I like the way she put all this together. It reminded me back when I was visiting New York City in 2005. It was an amazing trip and I remember how beautiful it was being there. Out of those three paintings, I think I like the middle one better because it feels like you are heading to the most beautiful city in the world. As for Elizabeth paintings on what she loves about painting, is she likes seeing a real photograph first before painting a picture. She loves black and white paintings and this is her first time painting and somehow she got this creative. I was impressed. These painting have a lot of principals and elements such as movement, lines and shapes.


My second picture that I like in the gallery is called "Memoirs from Home Series" and it is also made by Elizabeth Cramer. These three paintings were also from acrylic on canvas. They all are like at a beach scene. The beach scene looks like she uses some black and white chalk to it or some pencil to use with but it can be paint but it was hard to tell. Elizabeth drew these paintings that had different scene from the beach. She paint/drew what different beaches looks like and the location around them. Looking at these paintings, it felt like you wish you were there because it was more of a calm quiet environment. My favorite one out of those three painting, I like the beach house along with the lighthouse. It was more interesting how she put all of it together because it was just beautiful and the layout of the lines and shapes with lots of balance to it. Elizabeth likes to see a real photograph and look at the colors and once she would use that variety colors, she would use the painting as a different colors such as black and white which she loves. She just like to look at the image and make the changes. Overall I think the entire gallery was amazing, more interesting to look at and less scary!

1 comment:

  1. good job. glad you liked elizabeth's work.
    -evelyn davis, professor

    ReplyDelete