Friday, May 28, 2010

Chapter 8- Race: Social vs. Genetic

I think I agree with Nancy Burson that the race is social not genetic. The race are more social because we are all in the same social together. I can be surrounded by many races everyday and that is social because they are by you. The cultural of the race is more likely the way someone looks or express themselves around them such as the clothing, music, how they celebrate their holidays, art, their beliefs, what they do everyday and the color of their skin. I think that the skin color takes a lot of affect on people for a long time and I believe that the races are still social no matter what. The races have a lot of organizations or charities and they want to expressed the other races on how they live with their culture. The only problem we have in our world in the past and even today is that different races judge on the other races because of their own stereotypes and how people see the difference from each other. I think it is wrong to judge that way. Many people wants to see or how different races are like. I think it is not a bad thing to be able to express that to the other races. There was this one person that was mention in class was Nikki Lee who wanted to express the other races or cultre besides hers. She dresses them up such as an old person, a skateborder (punk kinda style), a stripper and many more. She wanted to experience and learn a lot about the social environment of the races and their cultures. I think she did not do a wrong thing to do that because she wants to see how we all are different but she knows we all are the same people. I think the reason why I chose the race to be social is because we really are all the same. We are just human beings and survive in many ways. We all have our own ways of life and how we view it or express it. We all need to know that we are just humans and we all are equal the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment